<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2/26/2004

The Usability of JT 

The site: www.justintimberlake.com

The site name is Justin Timberlake, which is shown in big bold letters on the bottom left of the main page. But it also has several sub-headings to take you to different parts of the site: Home, News, Media, Bio, Store. Roll the mouse over them and "WAAAOOW!" If you're a Justin fan, you'll be pleasantly surprised to find that a little snippet of one of his songs plays every time you move the mouse over a different icon. If you click on the first four icons, they'll take you just where they say they will, and the only thing on the screen that changes is the big rectangle in the middle. As long as you stick to the first four icons. If you click on "store" a new window pops up. After I clicked on this icon I got the page that says:

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.


But I wasn't too keen on making a purchase anyway, so I closed this window and went back to the original site.

Then I noticed a couple of smaller icons above the original five: International Site and Change Background. So I thought I'd give them a shot. When you click on "Change Background", the window slides over with a bunch of pictures of JT for you to choose from. I clicked on one, then clicked on the "Close Backgrounds" icon, expecting the background I had chosen to come up on the main site. But no dice. I still haven't figured that one out.

So I clicked on "International Site". The International site comes up in a smaller size than the other page, in the top left corner of the screen. It has some cool features. If you click on the "music" icon, a page comes up that tells you to drag a cassette tape into a boombox, and with each new cassette, a different song comes on. But the International site doesn't have as much content as the original www.justintimberlake.com, so I decided to close it and go back to the other site. But when I closed it, there was just a big black page that said Justin Timberlake JUSTIFIED click here to relaunch the site. I clicked there, but it just opened up the International site again. This was really the only time I felt a bit lost on the Justin Timberlake site. I finally ended up just retyping the address to go back to the official site.

I looked around for a search option, but it just wasn't there. But then again, the website doesn't really have all that much content to begin with, so it's pretty hard to get lost.

All in all I found the site pretty user friendly. It's not without its glitches, but hey, it's just Justin.

The site also had a link to something called zeocast, where you can make some very interesting things indeed. Here's my Justin Timberlake Zeocast Shoebox, complete with screenshots. Enjoy it at www.thelongtake.blogspot.com


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com