<$BlogRSDUrl$>

4/07/2004

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye. 

This marks the end of an era. An era of class-related blogging. Let's take a look back on the last few months. Here, from my very first blog entry ever: "This weblog was created as part of a Digital Communications Media project and will be updated weekly with observations and comments relating to this class. It will be extremely interesting and I recommend you check in daily...Just in case." Little did I know how prophetic that statement was to be. Blogging, up until January, was just something that Jer talked about all the time, and nobody else really seemed to get it. I myself was once heard to say that "blogs are for weiners." Well, wrap me in a bun and slather me with mustard, because I am now, officially, a blogger.

As for tone of voice... I think it changes a bit from entry to entry, but the more comfortable I become with the blogging medium, the easier it becomes to say the things I want to say. I really did find myself changing over the past few months after reading about some of the very startling/intelligent/amusing things that are going on in the world of digital media. I went to see The Yes-Men. I wrote my first ever letter to the editor. I thought about the effects of corporations on technology and consumers in my personal favourite entry: the more I know the less I understand.(name that tune...)

That said, I must give mad props to my co-blogger, Mira. Mira is responsible for all of the things that make this blog so beautiful, the pictures, the poll, and our now infamous counter on the bottom lefthand side of the screen. Mira, it's been a pleasure doing class-related blogging with you, and the future of digitaldownpour has never looked brighter (merchandise coming soon.)

Other class blogs worth checking out: Jerry and Mike's, Emily's, Jer's (which goes far beyond class blogging) and Mikey B's are all wonderful in very different ways. See the links on the left.

So is this the end? Far from it. I may be trading in my metropass for a chevy pickup, and the city streets for the back forty acres, but I plan to spread the good word that is blog all over rural Ontario, all summer long. To our loyal reader: all the best in Cali. To the rest of you:

Leave comments.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com