<$BlogRSDUrl$>

6/07/2004

the digitaldownpour movie of the week 

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is the best kids movie I have seen in a really long time.



From director Alfonso Cuaron (who directed Y Tu Mama Tambien, but you probably knew that)this third installment of the Harry Potter series has the all the grit and darkness of the books that was overlooked in the previous films. I'll admit it. It frig'n scared me. If I was an 8-year-old, I'd have cried, prolly.

But in all seriousness, the trailers and previews suck and the movie is nothing that you would expect. The cinematography is spectac, the foreshadowing is blatant, but in a good way (it makes you feel real smart when you get it) and the kids are a whole lot better at acting now.

If you're going to see a PG movie this year, you should see this one.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com